- 312 Smith St, Collingwood
- Victoria 3066
- Monday:10.00am - 6.00pm
- Tuesday:10.00am - 6.00pm
- Wednesday:10.00am - 6.00pm
- Thursday:10.00am - 6.00pm
- Friday:10.00am - 6.00pm
- Saturday:10.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday:11.00am - 4.00pm
Friends Of The Earth Food Co-op is an organic vegan cafe and shop in Collingwood, Melbourne which has been running for 30 years.
The co-op is run by Friends of the Earth Melbourne and is a not-for-profit organisation advocating for social and environmental justice, helping the environment and supporting organic growers, preferably local.
The atmosphere in the cafe is friendly and laid back. Each day the kitchen prepares a “meal of the day” where you can choose a small plate for $10 or a large plate for $12.50, served from midday until late afternoon. You can also enjoy fair trade coffee and tea, complimented by cakes and muffins.
Attached to the cafe is a store where you can purchase affordable organic products such as:
- Organic fruits and vegetables
- Organic bulk foods – weigh what you need
- Organic eggs and dairy products
- Organic breads and cereals
- Organic raw fermented foods
- Vegan and gluten-free products
- A small range of haircare, skincare and cosmetics
- Organic body care products
- Gardening products
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Various other pantry items
By purchasing goods through their store you are not only helping yourself but also Friends of the Earth and the environment. The dynamic volunteer roster makes the co-op a fun community centre where skills and knowledge are constantly exchanged.
Don’t forget to bring your bags, jars and containers to fill up in the bulk foods section. You can purchase jars, etc from the co-op if need be.
To get to Friends of the Earth Food Co-op by public transport you can catch the #86 tram from the city, and just near the Johnston street bus from Carlton or Doncaster.